Since several PMs reached me today, with users telling me that there would be no way to upload pictures in the WD, here is an explanation.
We have come up with a heavy and complicated system to post pictures here. The system is much more complicated than setting smileys. Strangely enough, everyone finds the smileys, but not everyone finds the picture upload.
1. next to the button "Smileys" we have hidden the visible button "Attachments & Images".
You can click on it with the left mouse button. (It is not a button for self-destruction of your computer! Promised!
Now select the button "Upload" in the opened tab.
Now an Explorer window should open.
3. click to the location of the picture(s) you want to upload.
Confirm your selection by clicking the "Open" button. (left mouse button)
4. the explorer window should now close and in the tab "Attachments & Images" the selected images are uploaded. Depending on the available internet connection it can take between a few seconds and a few months.
5. if the pictures were uploaded, you will get a small menu. To include the pictures:
Delete the uploaded picture
Uploaded image, insert as small preview (Standardized image size)
Fit full-size image into post
Insert all images in the post (thumbnails
Pictures that are not inserted are automatically inserted at the end of the post under "Pictures" (thumbnails)
Uploaded images will remain until you delete them from the file attachment menu. Even if only the post is deleted, the images will be preserved. If you want to use your own images from (for example) the screenshot thread in the filebase, you do not have to upload the images twice. You can click on the image in the finished article and copy the link to the image. This link can then be added to the filebase. The image will then be displayed completely.
You can also link the article in the screenshot thread.
Link images from the WebDisk:
1. to link a contribution, you can copy the contribution link:
Left click (with the mouse) on the post counter.
2. select a link. Here you can also post your pictures on social media.
3. upload your picture:
There are two possibilities.
A.) Insert image via a menu:
B.) Insert picture maunell:
Images that have not been entered in the post are then automatically displayed as attachments: