- Kompatible OMSI-Version
- OMSI v2.x
Krüger+ matrix mod
release 0.6+2ε ‘Coloratura’
～ inspired by Asian full-colour high-resolution displays ～
for MAN NL202(2)/283[Lion's City]/NG272/MB O 530/G
リリース 0.6+2ε ‘コロラトゥーラ’
～ 東亜風のフルカラー・ハイレゾをあなたに。 ～
MAN NL202(2)/283[Lion's City]/NG272/MB O 530/Gに対応
Hello fellow OMSIers!
First of all, thank you for your interest in this mod!
This Krüger+ mod is a (fictional) beautification project for the Krüger matrix that is on the default MAN NL 202 and NG 272 buses in OMSI 2, as well as a collection of additional styling features.
The mod creates separate buses, and so should not affect the original ones.
No other files are required for the mod itself, though you would of course need the aforementioned maps if you wish to try it on those maps
— from a random unnamed OMSI bus driver
- bluescreen for allowing me to use his map's logo
- Italien83 for informing me on various problems with the mod
- AI-only displays
- Central European glyph support (Windows-1250 encoding) with this mod's original fonts (for maps such as Börzsöny and Projekt Szczecin)
- Custom fonts (for both terminus and route number) and icons
(Two sample custom Cyrillic fonts in Windows-1251 encoding are included)
- Limited mixed-size terminus display (currently one large line followed by two small lines)
- Line-specific inversion (can be specified for only one or both terminus lines)
- Multi-page (scrolling) displays
- Override of route numbers (for numbers that cannot easily be displayed via IBIS alone)
- Partial compatibility with depot files designed for busfanat's full matrix
- Text position adjustments (mostly vertical; some horizontal)
- NEW for 0.6: Now in three-versions: flip-disc, monochrome LED and full-colour LED
Sample depot files
Sample depot files of the following maps are included:
- Bad Kinzau 2.0 by Janniboy (see also update by psychokiller02)
- Börzsöny 2.01b by Routeres
- Bowdenham V4 by dazza1980
- Gladbeck 5.1.5 by Kevin
- Omninsk 4.1 by AlekseyAzarh
- Projekt Szczecin 4.0.0 by mpaw82 & tomass94
- Römerberg 3.2 by nightcab
- Sittingen 1.41 by bluescreen
- The depot files are modified from the original ones supplied with the above maps, and are copyrighted by the above authors.
- Modified files from the MB Citaro buses by alTerr, Wizard et al. and the MAN Lion's City 1DTF Edition 1.2.1 by Kamaz, Gozek, Morphi et al. are contained in this mod, and are copyrighted by the aforementioned authors.
- The original Krüger matrix script, upon which this mod is based, is copyrighted by Marcel Kuhnt.
- The modified content and other original files are released under CC0 1.0 Universal (public domain). This means, among other things, that you do NOT need to ask for permission or credit me for these files' modification, distribution (including uploading to other web sites), or incorporation into other works, both commercial and non-commercial. (While I neither mind nor care if you even sell something with this mod included, I would caution you that many people here feel strongly against doing this, and it is not my fault if everyone starts to hate you )
- Note that this mod being in the public domain does NOT allow or entitle you to claim ownership or copyright of this original, unmodified mod!! A reasonable amount of modification is required before you can claim ownership or copyright. See the list of derivative works below for valid examples.
- See readme for details.
See also the following related works:
- LCD mod by Italien83
- MAN ÜL series buses by Perotinus and MAN ÜL depot (.hof) files by NickNick
- Krüger+ depot (.hof) files by schnaki
- Krueger-Mod for the O405 GN1 and GN2 buses by SchulterSack
- Solaris Urbino 12 III by CNB-Projekts
- Solaris Urbino BVG by alTerr, Wizard, Aleksei2506, Morphi, Kevin et al.
Works from the list above are by other authors, and are NOT public domain. You need to ask for permission from the respective authors if you wish to do anything public with these works!
Bus compatibility information
This mod is usable on the following buses:
‘Can you make this matrix work on another bus?’
I won't be doing any more work on this mod, but if you want, you can make a version to work on another bus and distribute it!
The main step is to make the bus use the relevant textures for its matrix display in some way.
In the original game's Krüger matrix, the relevant textures are, in order,
- vmatrix_leer.bmp (ID 0)
- vmatrix_leer.bmp (ID 1)
The above will adapt both the original matrix and the Krüger+ flip-disc matrix to that bus.
For the high-resolution LED version, the relevant textures are, again in order,
(The textures MUST be in this order for the colour mixing to work correctly!)
Then, the model configuration file(s) must be updated accordingly.
Finally, you may need to adapt the matrix script to your target bus, to make the script compatible.
A note on creating fonts for this mod
For compatibility with existing depot files, it is strongly recommended that all newly created text fonts include the following three characters at the very beginning of the font file, i.e. before all other characters, as is the case for all included "churafont" bitmap text fonts:
- Normal space (hex code 20; dec code 32)
- Non-breaking space (hex code A0; dec code 160), specified with two-identical x-coordinates in a blank area of the font bitmap (e.g. [char] 349 349 1)
- Tilde (hex code 7E; dec code 126), specified with the second x-coordinate two less than the first in a blank area of the font bitmap (e.g. [char] ~ 351 349 1)
The non-breaking space and tilde characters are used in existing depot files for fine control of character spacing: the non-breaking space adds an extra pixel of spacing, while the tilde subtracts a pixel of spacing (i.e. a one-pixel negative space). See, for example, the use of the tilde as a one-pixel negative space in the included depot file for Projekt Szczecin, in order to kern the letter pair "łł" in "Kołłątaja".
- Initial release
0.5 + ε (2014-03-24)
- Removed unnecessary files
- Fixed school icon in route number position
0.6 − ε (2014-06-24)
- Reworked some fonts for the flip-dot matrix
- Extra LED displays at 230 × 32 resolution
0.6 − ε⁄2 (2014-06-26)
- Added missing texture vmatrix_leer_led_LM.png to all buses to fix blank white matrix
0.6 − ε⁄3 (2014-06-28)
- Corrected an incorrect texture reference in the o3d files of the MB Citaro buses (vmatrix_black.bmp ⇒ vmatrix_black.png)
0.6 − ε⁄4 (2014-07-01)
- Fixed incorrect definitions of upper-case characters with diacritics in font "churafont++ 32x10"
- Added missing textures for flip-dot matrix for MAN Lion's City
- Minor change in matrix script for AI vehicles
- Fixed incorrect position of text elements on passenger information system on MAN Lion's City caused by this mod (thanks to Robert M for the information)
- Fixed terminus being displayed one pixel to the right of where it should be on the front display
- Improved the accuracy of the calculation of rendered colours
- Corrected patchy distorted colours in certain situations
- Matrix type commands (*FLIP, *LED, *MONO, *POLY) can now also be used in the depot-wide options (Ziel 14990), used in newly included Bad Kinzau depot file
- Line numbers specified in depot files with the *L command will now be displayed even if no line (Linie) was input into the IBIS
0.6 + ε (2014-08-03)
- Fixed RGB to HSV colour calculation, so that it correctly chooses red hue when R > G = B instead of cyan hue (which should be used when R < G = B)
- Gladbeck map depot file replaced with one for map version 5.0
0.6 + 2ε (2015-01-19)
- Implemented IBIS suffix 28 to not display leading zero (i.e. IBIS code "128" will now result in the route number "M1" instead of "M01")
- Fixed *GOTO command popping more values in the string stack than it should, which had caused stray string values in the stack occasionally leaking into other string variables
- Fixed inversion / background colour position on the side matrix when using 3 terminus lines
- Turning off the vehicle battery now no longer cause passengers to leave the bus due to the destination target reverting to empty ("Leerfahrt")
- Line number specified using the *L command is now retained after a power-off
Just for fun: a Kitty bus (not included)
- 807,48 kB
- 18k Downloads
Krueger+ mod 0.6+2ε
Main files for Krueger+ matrix mod 0.6+2ε
- 72,55 kB
- 1,1k Downloads
Krueger++ mod "Great Grundorf v2" map LED bitmap set
Krueger++ mod LED bilingual* bitmap set for the "Great Grundorf v2" map, available from 3D Transport Studio (3D Transport Studio [ OMSI | Railsim | MM2 ]). Add-on created with permission.
NB Not suitable for AI vehicles.
* English and traditional script Chinese
- 789,95 kB
- 2,8k Downloads
Krueger+ mod 0.6+ε
Main files for Krueger+ matrix mod 0.6+ε
- 420,78 kB
- 2,4k Downloads
Krueger+ mod 0.6 Styling guide
Styling guide fopr Krueger+ matrix mod 0.6
- 157,31 kB
- 1,9k Downloads
Krueger+ mod 0.6 Readme
Readme file for Krueger+ matrix mod 0.6
- 451,23 kB
- 2,7k Downloads
Krueger+ mod 0.5+ε
- 227,91 kB
- 1,2k Downloads
Styling guide for Krüger+ mod
Styling guide for Krüger+ mod.
This guide has information on how to style terminus displays for this mod.
- 126,22 kB
- 1,7k Downloads
Readme for Krüger+ mod
Readme for Krüger+ mod