This may have several reasons:
- A permanent blocking of the account due to serious breaches of the rules.
- A temporary block by moderators or the system.
- A block due to double accounts (see "What are double accounts").
- The account has not been activated. When registering, each account must be activated by e-mail. Further information on this can be found in the activation e-mail.
If you think that these reasons do not apply to you, please contact us via the ticket system, an administrator will contact you and explain the reason if necessary.
Each user may only have one account in the WebDisk at any one time in order to ensure equal opportunities in competitions and the like. Any blockings or sanctions may not be circumvented by duplicate accounts.
If a user has several accounts, the duplicate account will be blocked, in serious cases all accounts will be blocked. Should a double account be wrongly identified and blocked (this happens from time to time, e.g. in public WiFi networks or in a household with several people), it will of course be reactivated. Please contact us via the ticket system.
Normally several accounts with the same IP address are blocked, as we assume that there is only one user behind an IP address and double accounts are not allowed. If you share an internet access with several people (e.g. in your own family, household, flat share or student residence) and other people also want to use or are already using a WebDisk account, we ask you to send us a message so that your account is not blocked by us.
We promote a constructive culture of discussion here at the WebDisk and are always looking for new suggestions and ideas. Everyone is encouraged to contribute their own
It happens again and again that users delete their posts. This, however, involves certain difficulties:
- If they are support/help threads, knowledge is lost. Other people who have the same question have to look for a solution again.
- Deleting the starting post makes an entire thread unusable.
- In longer discussions with deleted posts, the following posts are taken out of context and can no longer be understood
We have therefore deactivated the delete function for all users. We try to restrict as few rights as possible, but some restrictions must be with a forum of this size. If you wish to delete a post, please use the report function, then a moderator will check the message and delete the post or leave it as it is.
Under each post in the forum there is a button to report problematic posts due to possible violations of the forum rules (e.g. insults, hostility). When you click on this button, the post is sent directly to a moderator, who checks the post and takes further action if necessary. Until then we ask for patience and refrain from asking questions.
Basically, differences of a private nature between two users are out of the scope of administrative control. However, in case of a dispute within the WebDisk (e.g. conversation) a mediator can be called in to mediate between the two parties.
No. We team members run the WebDisk on a voluntary basis in our free time. This means that everyone has a professional and private life on the side. Our only reward is the fun we have with the community and the joy of great OMSI creations.
Unsolicited applications for team positions are not accepted. All team members are carefully selected, as a position in administration or moderation is a very honourable task. An office is also associated with a high level of responsibility, e.g. internal information must not be made public.
In this case we recommend that you consult a mediator in the forum. Mediators are impartial and try to find a solution to conflicts that satisfies both parties. If your account is blocked, please use the ticket system.
A mediator is a neutral person who mediates here in the WebDisk in case of trouble between users and the team. He acts unbiased and neutral.
The administrators are the most senior team members after the management and take care of all user concerns regarding the platform:
- Planning and publishing surveys and announcements
- Evaluation of user Feedback
- Moderating in the forum, file base and on the Discord
The administrators are also authorised to issue warnings and sanctions against users. Instructions of the administrators must be followed.
James is the neutral butler of the WebDisk. He publishes announcements and information on behalf of the entire WebDisk team. There is no "real" person behind this, but a function of the forum software.
Payware developers are verified authors of payware add-ons. They have special rights in the commercial add-on area to present their latest achievements there.
Users who have uploaded at least 20 files and reached 1000 activity points get the
The WebDisk has established itself as a download platform, as it is, over the last few years, and the majority of the community is in favour of its use. Secure, unlimited and fast; these principles should remain. External platforms have the following disadvantages compared to the WebDisk:
- Downloads could disappear over time because data is no longer accessed, the hosters change their terms and conditions or even their system (e.g. due to a more comprehensive modernisation). Some hosters also delete files after a specified time. None of this happens in the WebDisk.
- Inaccessible links delete threads that are not actively maintained. Downloads are therefore lost.
- Hosters usually finance themselves through advertising, often resulting in fake download buttons, large system messages such as "Your computer has been blocked, please pay...." or other dubious/dubious content. The WebDisk on the other hand contains small advertising boxes from AEROSOFT, which link to the OMSI add-ons or actions.
- Potential danger of clicking on a "fake" download button and downloading malicious software (adware, but possibly also nastier Trojans) instead. A potential danger for PC laymen or children/young people.
- Also our conditions, e.g. that the OMSI folder structure is strictly adhered to, cannot be checked. The external download is beyond our control.
Advantages for modders
- Instead of searching for MODs in the vastness of the WWW, the basic idea is that sooner or later every AddOn should be found here. From then on it is only a matter of linking to required AddOn's within OMSI-WebDisk.
- Pictures of the AddOn or modification are directly integrated in the download portal. No more tedious integration of image material via external pages and in any forums, because here a single link is enough! Also, unlike with third-party hosters, image material is not deleted.
- Own administration of files to allow easy update/upgrade and, if necessary, to keep older previous versions.
- Reports of copyright infringements, e.g. SceneryObjects integrated into the download without permission in your own map, are subject to a proper examination and - as far as possible - an attempt is made to mediate between the parties so that an agreement can be found in the interest of all "OMSIans".
Advantages for end users
- No waiting time before downloading.
- No "downtimes", because downloads are usually not deleted.
- One central download page for all user modifications including previews (images, screen shots, demos). It couldn't be simpler or clearer.
- No intrusive advertising, fake download buttons or the like.
- Location: The WebDisk servers run in Germany and the contact persons are also German. So your data is protected according to German law and you have a German contact person for your problems.
IIn the whole WebDisk there is a manual activation for files. This means that before the file becomes public, it is reviewed by a
Similar to deleting your own posts in the forum, this function is also deactivated for all users. We would like to use the WebDisk to create a permanent OMSI download archive, with as little data loss as possible. Old versions are not deleted either!
If you want to delete your entry, report the entry with the "Report" button and specify the reason for the deletion. A moderator will then mark the corresponding file as deleted. After a period of 30 days the entry will be permanently removed from the WebDisk. Of course we respect the copyrights and everybody has the right to have his entry deleted. However, please remember that it is not community-friendly behaviour to delete all files out of frustration, personal differences or as a result of a short-circuit reaction and to withdraw them from the availability of the community.
Comments are any kind of (subjective) remarks. We explicitly encourage a constructive discussion culture here at WebDisk, where everyone can express their opinion in the form of comments on the downloads. If there is no separate thread, comments can also be used for bug reports or similar.
Reviews, on the other hand, serve to objectively evaluate the quality of a download and to give a recommendation; points of criticism should be explained constructively and comprehensibly and formulated as suggestions for improvement. The review system does not provide space for personal differences nor for reactions to other reviews. Comments that do not comply with the guidelines for reviews will be deleted and sanctioned in case of repetition.
Files can be downloaded without registration. If you want to comment on an entry or provide a download entry yourself, registration is required.
The forum is public, i.e. anyone can view posts and topics. In order to take part in surveys and actively participate in the life of the forum, registration is also required. An exception is the community area; this is reserved exclusively for registered users. A user account must also be created for subscribing to files and topics in order to be automatically notified of new versions or contributions, and for sending private messages to other users.
No. The WebDisk is free. You pay neither directly nor with your data, e.g. via personalised advertising.
The operating costs of the server are financed by advertising: AEROSOFT, the publisher of OMSI(2), places banners on the site and presents the latest developments. The purchase of new apps, plugins and license renewals are covered privately by the project management and by
By default, only content in your activated language will be displayed. In the user account management (under the item "General") you can deactivate and activate the contents of the languages. We recommend that you select all languages.
Anyone who is interested in contributing something submits his or her first article or concept (e.g. revision of an existing article) to the administration. After checking, the person is then invited to the user group and granted write access to the wiki and internal discussion forum. We only accept serious applications.
With the Wiki we want to create a neutral and comprehensive reference work in which only verified authors write entries. A wiki article is subject to special quality conditions. In addition, a wiki article should be more comprehensive than a "normal" tutorial.
The ticket system offers the possibility to contact the platform management and administrators quickly and easily. Usages are for example:
- Problems with the account
- Possibly unjustified bans
- Report of illegal download entries, or altogether reports from guests
- Translation request
The advantage of this system is that potentially all administrators and managers will see the message. When a private message is sent to a team member, it is always possible that the other person is absent. The ticket system can also be used by blocked or unregistered users and attachments can be sent with the message. In the following cases the ticket system is not applicable: