Alternative zu KOMSI

Willkommen in der OMSI-WebDisk!
Als Gast kannst du nur Inhalte in deiner ausgewählten Sprache sehen. Registrierte Nutzer können die Sichtbarkeit anderer Sprachen in ihrem Kontrollzentrum aktivieren, weitere Infos hier.
Alle Themen sind in den Foren mit einer Sprachflagge gekennzeichnet: = Englisch [EN], = Deutsch [DE], = Französisch [FR]. Wenn du die angegebene Sprache nicht beherrschst, schreibe auf Englisch!

Hier gibt es keine verbindliche Software-&Hardwareberatung. Alle Beiträge folgen ausschließlich dem bestem Wissen und Gewissen. Eventuelle eigen verschuldete Folgeschäden sind nicht auf die Hilfestellungen hier in der WebDisk zurückzuführen.

• Hallo.

Ich bin Armaturenbrettbauer und suche nun eine Alternative zu Komsi um meine Leuchtmelder und das Tacho anzuschließen. Komsi macht leider nicht das was ich möchte und funktioniert somit auch fast garnicht.

MfG Ole

• Anzeige
  • What features do you want that komsi does not provide?

I am playing with LCD's for the IBIS display, and notice that it doesn't display the 'falsche route / ziel' or things like that, BUT i believe that is because omsi does not give that data out, so the data for the IBIS display has to be made up by reading about 12 seperate pieces of data from omsi, there is no simple 'output what is showing on the isis display in the simulator' function it seems :(

• Einzige Alternative wäre wohl, die Software für den Arduino selbst zu programmieren.

there is no simple 'output what is showing on the isis display in the simulator' function it seems :(

Stringvariable "IBIS". It contains the two display lines, separated by "@".

Please ignore the surface appearance, it's a... in German we say "Dauerprovisorium"... permanent temporary solution? lol

• Ahhh, so komsi would need updating to read the string 'IBIS', i think, i am not sure exactly what komsi reads for the ibis, but the data it sends out is loads of separate bits of data.

Or i need to find another program just for the ibis maybe? unfortunatley i am useless at programming,

What is running your ibis there?

That IBIS you have looks great, i printed the graphic of the ibis in omsi out once and laminated it, i was going to put switches behind the buttons and a 24 x 2 line lcd, but i managed to buy a real mas 3 ibis,

i have yet to take it apart to interface it with omsi.

• What is running your ibis there?

The display (and some switches) is attached to an Arduino Mega, connected to OMSI via a self-written plugin. Basically the plugin sends some bytes as a "the next x bytes are the IBIS-string"-command, followed by the IBIS-characters and an end-byte, the Arduino splits the IBIS-string and write it on the display. But the transfer is still a little bit buggy and sometimes the Arduino needs a reset, so I have to improve the function - whenever I feel like it lol

i was going to put switches behind the buttons

That's my solution, too. Behind the IBIS-button are buttons, all are connected via different resistors to an analog pin of the Arduino to save wires between the devices (doesn't always work perfectly, but it's enough for me). Lamination as protection was planned, but I haven't done it till today ^^

• Ahh cool, the resistor ladder for multiple button input is clever, that's how they do it in cars for things like the steering wheel controls, loads of buttons but only 1 wire needed for them all, i never thought to do that with an Arduino tho.

i wish i was able to do this programming lark, i can do little bits with lots of guidance, but the amount of features things like komsi has in it are way beyond my capabilities,

I'm trying to get the komsi printer sketch working, which uses a 40 x 2 line lcd, and should display ticket printer and ibis text, i even bought an arduino due, but it just doesn't work for me, wont receive any data, i think it's to do with the terminating character, which is ; on the ticket printers output, but not sure what it is on the IBIS only output.

So i have got just the LCD part of that arduino sketch running on an arduino uno, and i have it kinda working, but it'll never display everything that's on the in came IBIS... i wonder if that 'stringvariable IBIS' was added after the final komsi release.

Seem's with komsi, there's V2.4 of the server that connects to the arduino's, but only v2.3 of the actual program that runs with omsi and gets the data out, hence there's no in bus temperature active, and no interior display active,
    maybe i am missing the 2.4 version of the actual komsi program,

I had my main arduino mega lock up and need resetting after about 20 minutes of driving,the one that runs my dashboard, i have a feeling the arduino is running out of memory, and i need to add a command to clear the memory, as i've had this with the uno im playing with to get IBIS data, if i add the code to send debugging data to the serial console, i get about 5 minutes before its filled it's memory up and crashes.

• It's a shame that Komsi isn't being developed any more,

i totally understand tho, omsi is no longer being developed, komsi works as it is, and Lars is busy developing his new software that will work with Lotus,

plus everyone want's 'just one more feature' added to it, and some people are not appreciative of just how much hard work goes into programming something like komsi.

I had a little play with the komsi OPL file, changing one of the ibis entries to 'IBIS' and it called that function and sent the 2 line Ibis data to my LCD!!! with the @symbol,
    i was just running a simple serial to lcd sketch, so it was showing everything in raw format, and the 2 lines of IBIS data were in the middle of the komsi data,

So it might be possible to get komsi to output the IBIS lcd data by writing an arduino script to just read where the 2 lines of ibis data is injected into the komsi serial output, and ignore the other stuff,

I can't seem to find the end line character on the komsi ibis output tho, the ticket printer output is ';' but it's almost like the new line character isnt used for the komsi ibis output.... i can manually add it to where the bus temperature would be,
    tho i have seen some people using komsi and it is outputting the bus temperature,

i downloaded komsi 2.4... it's only the server that is 2.4, the part that runs with omai seems to be 2.3 still.... so i get 'noch nicht mit Leben gefüllt' printed where the temperature should be.

• Hallo ich habe eine Frage... ich kämpfe jetzt seit nem guten Jahr mit Komsi rum dass dort der Drehzahlmesser und der Tacho gleichzeitig funktioniert... könnt ihr mir da Tipps geben wie ich vorallem den Drehzahlmesser (der über Servos ) läuft zum laufen zu bekommen

Vielen vielen Dank schonmal im vorraus

Vg Zeko