Type of project: Map [fictional]
Project name: Alto da Boa Viagem
People involved: O530 Carris PT, et. al.
Estimated release: Late 2020 to 2021
Details: Welcome to Alto da Boa Viagem, a fictional rural / overland map which is located in Western Portugal region (Lisbon and Southern Santarém districts, more precisely). This map has a main town (Vlia Franca, tribute to Vila Franca de Xira) with an main station, located in a fictional railroad branch (Estação Central de Vila Franca, which is the terminus of the forementioned fictional Tagus Branch), which has bus services provided by CP (the railroad operator, which in this map operates also buses), which connects this station with the towns and villages in the region, but also other stations located in both East Line and West Line (these ones have nothing to do with the real ones in Portugal), placed in the region.
I finally came with the right decision to move my progress update of my map to the OMSI WebDisk. To see some additional details, and the previous progress on the construction of the map, go to this link here.
This map has 9 interurban routes (local, express and limited routes, divided by 4 groups, the groups are numbered after the main route of the group):
(1) - Route 9371 group (servicing between Vila Franca, Est. Central and Porto da Boa Viagem):
- 9371 (local, main route);
(2) - Route 9372 group (servicing between Vila Franca, Est. Central and Vila de Almeirim (Fictional), Mosteiro - This route crosses the Lisbon-Santarém district border):
- 9372 (local, main route);
- 9372X (express route, only stopping at 50% of the stops of local route, it has the same terminii);
(3) - Route 9373 group (servicing between Vila Franca, Est. Central and Vila de Frades):
- 9373 (local, main route);
- 9373S (special express route between Xuanzang-Campo Grande's supermarket and Vila de Frades);
- 9373X (express route, only stopping at 50% of the stops of local route, it has the same terminii);
(4) - Route 9374 group (servicing between Porto Alto, Praça Central or Vila Franca, Est. Central and Vila de S. José, Estação - The express route crosses the Lisbon-Santarém district border):
- 9374 (local, main route, terminating at Porto Alto, Praça Central from Vila de S. José);
- 9374X (express route, only stopping at 50% of the stops of local route, extended to Vila Franca, Est. Central from Porto Alto, maintaining the other terminus at Vila de S. José. This route also doesn't stop in Colónia de Mecha);
Buses which will be used: the bus which I felt adequated to be used was the Mercedes-Benz O 307 v2 of Perotinus. But another Ai-Lists (for the earlier O 307 (v1.2.1), the Setra S215UL, MAN NL202/NG272, MAN ÜL, MB O 407, Mercedes-Benz O 305 G (with Bahnbus-mod) in combination with the forementioned Mercedes-Benz O 307, or even lightweight AIs (Solaris Urbino 12 MEP)), aswell Mercedes-Benz Citaro Ü & GÜ will be considered. The New Flyer DE60LF from Chicago Downtown will NO LONGER be considered for the map.
When finished, this map will likely be one of the largest intercity maps in the game.
Addons required: Citybus O305 by Rolf Westphalen [payware, for both the O 307 buses from Perotinus and some sceneryobjects], Great Grundorf v2.01 by 3D Transport Studio [freeware, for some objects], Bad Kinzau 3.13 by Jan Kiesewalter/pBuch [Freeware, for the Kroneberger Schloss object].